Friday, December 30, 2011

After Christmas Round-up

I can't believe that "just like that" Christmas is now gone.  We had a great Christmas!  The weather was rather warm, so it never felt like Christmas on the outside, but inside, well, that was a different story.  On Christmas Eve, we had finger foods at Gran and Papa's house.  Here are a few pictures..


 The spread


Papa, before the chaos began


Gran showing off her new cookbook.  Can't wait to see what she comes up with out of there to cook! :)


Not so lovely picture of an ecstatic Jake as he opened his new iphone.  He has driven me CRAZY for the past 2 months about wanting this phone!!  So glad I won't have to listen to his sob stories of how "crappy" his phone is ANY MORE!!


Anna opening her Vera Bradley duffle bag.  I think she liked it!!!


I think this was my favorite moment of the night.  Joe has been wanting a macbook pro for a few years.  I don't know what has kept him from getting it, but the closer we got to Christmas, the more worried I became that he was going to buy one.   Every time we would go to a store that sold Apple products, Joe would sneak off to check out the laptops.  I would be a nervous wreck until we would leave the store.  Last week, when we went to Houston, he left me and the kids in a store and said. "I'm going to find the Apple store."  Needless to say, I PANICKED! As soon as the kids finished looking around in that particular store, I high-tailed it to the Apple store to oversee his motives.  When I got there, he was engrossed in conversation with a salesman, but when he was distracted I politely told the salesman, in no uncertain terms, that he better ZIP the sales talk!!  I proceeded to tell him that he would NOT be making a sale that day and that there was already a macbook wrapped and under our Christmas tree!!  The poor guy never said another word to Joe.  I think I made my point!!  

Joe's mother and sister, Mary Ann, came the day after Christmas.  They stayed for a couple of days and we got to shop for an entire day in Fort Smith.  It was a lot of fun!

The day that they left, our daughter-in-law, Tonia, her mother,  and 2 of our grandchildren came to visit!  It was SO good to have them running around and playing and laughing....

Tomorrow, Joe's oldest son, David, and his family will be coming to spend a couple of days.  It has been an ENTIRE week of company and we have loved it. 

Anna and Jake start back to school on Monday.  We will leave on Thursday afternoon to head to Dallas for the Cotton Bowl.  

Better get moving.  Lots to do before tomorrow!

Bye for now.....

No comments: