Friday, December 12, 2008






We took pictures for our Christmas cards last weekend. Out of 81 pictures, this one was my favorite, so its a keeper.

It has been SUPER busy around my house lately!! Why do these days in December seem to go by faster than the days in June and July? Anyway, lets just say, I'm still trying to catch my breath!

We had Jake's School Christmas Program on the 4th. The program was really short, only 7 songs total. He was bummed because there was another student wearing the same shirt as him! You can actually seem the other boy behind Jake and to the right! Everyone was told to wear red or green and I think danged near every one of the kids chose RED!!


We are still in the process of decorating. I haven't gotten to the lights in the front yard and who knows, I may never...at least this year! Here is our front door. There is alot of reflection this time of day, so I'll take one later today.

The kids and I went Christmas shopping in Russellville last Sunday afternoon. We got ALOT done...especially for Anna's 15 girl friends!!! At least I can cross that off the list!

This is my favorite treat after Christmas shopping...Caramel Apple Spice from Starbucks!!


It's da bomb (as my 12 year old daughter would say). And I have to admit, its pretty darn good!! My secret....Always order this at 130 degrees so I don't have to wait 15 minutes to drink it!!!

We had Joe's nurses and their families over for a Christmas dinner last night. It was a lot of fun. They are both great and make all the difference in the world in his attitude at work, and therefore at home!!! I fixed a Dried Beef Cheese ball, Chips and Salsa, Candy, and Strawberry Cheese Ball rolled in Oreo crumbs for appetizers. Our main course was steak, with twice baked potatoes, greenbean bundles, Crunchy Romaine Salad and bread. For dessert, it was Arkansas Pie, Chocolate Chip Pound Cake and Cheesecake. Thanks to Nicki for the cheesecake!! It was fun for us to all get together.


So, needless to say, I have been decorating. We have 2 trees this year. Here are some of our pics from around the house.

Well, I'm glad it is Friday and I can sleep late tomorrow!! Jake will get me up at 7 am I'm sure, but at least we don't have to drive to school with the sun in our eyes!!Yeah!!!! We are planning on going shopping tomorrow in Fort Smith, I think. Jake has basketball tryouts Sunday afternoon.

Hope everyone has a great weekend!

Bye for now!

No comments: