Monday, December 1, 2008

Back from Thanksgiving

I try to take one day at a time, but sometimes several days try to attack me at once....


It snowed here yesterday...off and on all day and night. The ground was still too warm though, so it didn't stick. I saw cars coming down from the mountain that had LOTS of snow!


We went to Tulsa the weekend before Thanksgiving. We shopped until we dropped, literally! Joe didn't want to see another mall! Anna was in heaven. We got a little head start on Christmas shopping, but mainly just wanted to go somewhere, anywhere, for a couple of days.



Even though we don't have any little "kids", we HAD to go into Pottery Barn Kids...cute, cute stuff! To make the trip even better, the gas prices were great! We filled up, just to fill up! Love that!!

We went to the Tulsa Rose Garden to look around and all of these squirrels started to swarm us. Apparently they are the most well-fed critters around! A nice lady gave us a few pecans to hand out and the squirrels would just come up to us and take the nut out of our hand.


Here is Anna feeding one of the cuties!!


This bronze statue reminded me of Anna....reading. She has read all of the "Twilight" books and finally got to see the movie Friday.



I hope everyone had a good Thanksgiving! We went to Joe's mother's house for lunch, then Anna and I came home while Jake and Joe went to deer camp. Here is the result..


Jake was so proud. This was his first deer, a doe. He said,"Since it didn't have antlers, I just had to hold it up by the ears!"

Here he is with David and Brandon.


Joe and Jake...


I've got a fairly busy week ahead...Anna has her normal cheerleading and tumbling stuff going on. Jake has his Christmas program on Thursday night, Jake has basketball registration on Friday, and Anna cheers at a basketball game on Saturday. Joe is on call Friday through Sunday.


We got our Christmas tree up last night, so tonight it's decoration time!! Maybe we can make some hot chocolate and play some Christmas music...I love that! We're having deer steaks for supper, yum, yum. Better get moving...want to start my 25 days of Christmas album today! I'll post pictures as I go.

Bye for now!

No comments: