Monday, June 8, 2009

2nd week of summer!!


Happy Monday!!

We have a busy week ahead. It has been really nice to sleep late and play all day, but today all that changed. Anna is helping with VBS (Vacation Bible School) at
East Mount Zion Trinity Baptist Church. She loves working with children, so I know she will enjoy everything about her experience. Jake, reluctantly, went to Science Camp this morning. I will be leaving soon to pick him up and I can only pray that he liked it enough to go back again tomorrow.

W A R N I N G

If you are squeamish of snakes as I am, you may not want to look at this next segment.

Friday morning I was in the house and heard the birds literally SCREAMING on the front porch. When I got there, the mom and dad barn swallows were looking at me helplessly. It was obvious that they were distressed over something, so I looked around to see what the fuss was all about. Within seconds I too felt a little distressed...who am I kidding, I was so distressed I had to get Anna to take this darn picture for me.

If you know me very well, you know that I am not afraid of bugs, scorpions, spiders, rats, mice, etc. but when it comes to snakes....I am DEATHLY afraid of them. This lovely snake climbed a 12 foot wall and robbed this nest...we tried to save them, but to no avail. "Gran"ny got her gun and shot him 4 times, but we never recovered his worthless little carcass, so he is probably still out there waiting to scare the beejeebees out of me. I'll definitely be on the lookout.

I took a few pictures while feeding our new fish Saturday.


It turns into a "family affair" when it is fish feedin' time on the hill.
I didn't get a picture of it, but I saw one fish that was about 18 inches long! I'll be on the lookout for him today!! We saw this creature...


Jake appropriately named him Jeremiah!! He had never seen a bullfrog, so when Jeremiah made his debut Jake said," My gosh, I've NEVER seen a frog THAT BIG!!" It was definitely the highlight of the fish feeding.


We played in our garden Sunday.

We have a few cucumbers, peppers and tomatoes growing now. Here is our first cucumber.


Jake helped his Papa get a few things done too. Here a few pictures of them....



Before church, Anna begged me to make my Aunt Reba's Sausage Balls, so I did. If any of you knew my Aunt Reba, you know that she was a great cook...just like my mom, so here is her recipe:

Aunt Reba's Sausage Balls
1# sausage (hot or mild)

3 cups Bisquick

10 oz. shredded cheddar cheese



Have sausage and cheese at room temperature. Mix sausage and cheese then add Bisquick. Shape into small balls.


Bake at 400 degrees for 15-20 minutes.

I usually spray my cookie sheet with Pam, just to make it easier for removal after cooking.

It's that simple. Well, I'd better get busy. Hope you have a wonderful week and I'll try to blog again soon.

Bye for now.

No comments: