Monday, June 1, 2009

SUMMER 2009



Today is our first "official" day of summer! The kids finally wrapped up school last week, so now we can enjoy summer. Anna starts cheerleading practice next week and they have a couple of fundraisers lined up for the next couple of weekends. She is helping with VBS at East Mount Zion Baptist Church next week. Jake has Science camp next week, so he won't be able to go to VBS. We are also going back to Destin for a week this month! I can't wait to hit the beach! We always enjoy going there and relaxing.


Our weekends have been nice lately. We've tried to mow some during the week and we have a friend's son that has been helping us tackle the weed-eating which has been really nice. Here is a quick picture...


Our garden is doing a lot better this year than last. Last year we planted too much and the rows were way to close together, but this year it is much better.


Mr. Melson cut our hay this past weekend and I always love how it looks after it is baled.


I don't know why, but I just love to see the bales lined up in the field. Jake had his first real bout of allergies while they were cutting. He had all the symptoms I usually have, watery eyes, runny nose, etc. He is better today, so maybe he won't have the sinusitis that I usually get afterwards. I talked him into letting me take a few pictures of him by one of the bales..it was not free, mind you, I was forced to watch him jump on the trampoline before I snapped his picture!!


Here is another one that looks a little more mischievous .....


Jake and Anna got new laptops this past weekend, thanks to their sweet daddy. They have been on them non-stop for 3 days now.


We have had lots of new little creatures moving around the hill lately. These are our family of Canadian Geese. There is another family of 5 on our front pond along with a family of ducks. Our Eastern Blue Birds grew up and flew the coop before I could get a good picture of them.


That is about all that we have going on right now. Sometimes I wonder if anybody reads about our mostly boring life, then I get word from someone that I need to update my blog. So for those of you that pass on that you miss us when we don't post (you know who you are) Thank You for caring and I'll try not to wait so long to blog next time!


I'll let Gran sign us out today!!

Bye for now!

No comments: