Monday, July 13, 2009

Hello Monday!

It has been a quiet, nice day today! Anna is a cheerleading camp all day and Jake spent the night with his friend, David, so I have had the house totally and completely to myself!! I almost forgot how much fun that can be....

I have been taking a self-paced, online photo-editing class by Jessica Sprague for about 8 days now and have been having a blast learning new techniques. I won't use these on many of my photos, but it is fun to mix it up a little every once in a while. Here is one that I did of Anna...


This is the first picture (straight out of the camera)

and this is the technique I learned today...



Like I said, I won't use this much, but it is fun to play around with these features of photoshop and see what you can create.

Other than that, it's been hot and humid here...rained early this morning and now 93 degrees outside. Joe has been picking peas every day after work and we have shelled them every night for the last 2 weeks. We are getting about a bushel each day now, but I'm really hoping it starts slowing down some. I'm not sure how many bags I have put up, but probably close to 25 or 30.

Anna made me watch "The Notebook" last night. We started watching it at 9:30 and after 2 solid hours of crying, I finally made it to bed at 12:30!! She has already seen it 2 other times and has been begging me to watch it with her for a week! She knows what a sap I am and she knew it would tug at my heartstrings...boy was she right. It really was a good movie and I loved the story of Allie and Noah. If you like love stories, and haven't seen it yet, it really is a good one.

Speaking of love stories, Joe and I have our 14th anniversary Thursday, so I got us a room at The Peabody in Little Rock for Friday night. I'm hoping we get there in time to eat at Gaucho's. It is delicious and we haven't been there in a long time. I think Gran and Papa will probably meet us in LR Saturday with the kids and we'll play around (shop) for a while. It will be nice to get away from the yard work for a weekend.

I've got to go pick up Anna and Jake now, so have a great day and I'll post again soon!

Bye for now!

No comments: