Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Snowed In


I never thought I'd see the day that I would say, "I'm sick of snow!", but today.....I'M SICK OF SNOW!!!  This is our 2nd snow of 2010 and I've had enough!  It was fun the first day and everyone was Facebooking about how beautiful and fun, blah, blah......now, everyone is just ready for summer.  I have to admit, though, it was a beautiful snow and of course, I took tons of pictures, so you'll just have to bear with me as I show a few.....



I took this picture while the sun was just coming over our trees.  This was taken from our front porch.


Not sure why I like this picture, but I took this yesterday when Joe and I went riding to see the snow.  I was getting a little cabin fever, so we grabbed the camera and headed out... I wish you could see the pond better, cause it was beautiful.


Geese on our pond

 

Snowed in.....


My new Wal-Mart rain (snow) boots.  Love them!!


Shanae and Anna


 


Jake sledding


 

Shanae and Anna with Mr. Snowman

Other than snow, we have had a lot of medical "issues" lately.  Joe had a kidney stone, then Gran had 7 kidney stones and had to be hospitalized overnight.  Next, Anna had Strep throat, then surgery to have her two canine teeth exposed and ligatures were placed to "pull" the teeth into the right place.  After all that, Gran had to go back in and have "kidney sludge" pulled out with a basket and another stint placed for another week or so.  She had hurt for almost an entire month until the last procedure, so maybe she is on her way to recovery.

Anna is finishing up with cheerleading season FINALLY.  She is cheering now at the district tournament, then she will be through until tryouts...which is in March.  Of course, she'll still have tons of practice, but no games.  Jake is full swing into basketball now.  He has won several games.  I think they have only lost 1 regular season game so far.  He has only scored one point, but hopefully we'll get more chances to shoot.

Joe and I are going to Big Cedar Lodge this Friday for Valentine's.  I am so excited.  It will be nice to have a little adult time.  The kids and my parents are coming on Saturday and we will spend the day shopping!  

I hope everyone has a wonderful week and Happy Valentine's to you and yours.

Bye for now.....

Candy

No comments: