Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Dreams Can Come True

Several years ago, before the kids were very old, we had season tickets to see the Razorbacks play football.  Due to the crazy expense and the fact that we seemed to never go, we stopped getting tickets.  Well, now that we have an 11 year old football fanatic, we may have to reconsider this move.  If you know Jake, you probably know that football is one of the 5 food groups!!  Well, last weekend he finally went to see the Hogs in action!  He is a Georgia fan, but the fact that we could actually SEE a college game was a dream come true for him.  Joe had decided a couple of weeks ago that we WOULD go to a Razorback game this year if he had to sell something to get tickets!!  Well, needless to say, he didn't have to sell anything, but anyway, we had a great time.  Joe found tickets on the internet and Jake got to sit on the 50 yard line, 3rd row up!!  He was practically on the field!!  We ended up taking 6 kids, none of which had ever been to a Razorback game, so it fun to see all the excitement in their eyes. 





Here come the Hogs!!


After the game, the boys went as close to the field as they could get and got to give all the players Hi-5s!!


Jake said that was the coolest part of the game, but personally, I think it was the look on their faces when we walked out of the gate and saw the field.  It was truly priceless.  I'm glad we were able to take their friends along for the fun!!




This is Jake with his friend, Logan.





This is Tanner, Anna, Ashley and Trey after the game





Quarterback, Ryan Mallett


I think before it was over, Jake even thought this guy was pretty cool!!


Here are a couple more quick pictures....








And the really cool thing is...next Saturday, we get to do it all over again.  A friend got us tickets on the 2ND ROW!!!  Man, life is really good!!  This time we get to go onto the field and watch the players warm up before the game.  I don't know if Jake will be able to handle the excitement!!  I can't wait to see his face when he gets to see those players face-to-face!!  Believe me, if it is allowed, I will have camera in hand!!


For my scrappy bloggers, have you been following Kristina Werner's blog?  She is doing a card-making video everyday for a month, I think....what was she thinking?  Anyway, she made this one a week or so ago and I tried it.





It was made using a Cricut, so I was really excited to get to pull mine out!  I wish I could hand-make my Christmas cards this year, but I don't know if I have the dedication to tackle that.  Anna told me this morning that she was getting to old to take a Christmas picture, so who knows??


I would like to wish all the Veteran's a Happy Veteran's Day!  Thank you for your service to us all, for protecting our country and fighting for our freedom and the freedom of others!  A special thanks to my favorite U.S. MARINE...Bobby Lee Holly (my sweet Daddy!!)





Better get going....got to pick up the kiddos from school, then its off to church! 


Bye for now.......


Candy

No comments: