Thursday, April 15, 2010

On the Road to Recovery




Last week Joe brought home a case of the flu and kindly spread it around to the entire family!


Jake missed two days of school and Anna missed one.  Thankfully, we all recovered in time to work in the yard last weekend!

We bought 70 bags of mulch to spread around our flower beds and we still probably need 10 more....as soon as I can bend, I'll get right to that!!!  I don't remember EVER being this sore!!  The yard does look better and it is great to have that DONE for the summer.  We mowed for the first time, so things are really looking a lot better.

Sunday afternoon (Easter), Jake asked me if we could dye eggs and Anna wanted to bake cupcakes, so we did!  It was fun playing in the kitchen with both of them, and I think it went off without a hitch....beautiful eggs and delicious cupcakes..

Jake dying an egg



We had our first hummingbird on April the 1st!  That is the earliest I can ever remember seeing one.  I rushed to find food and clean out the feeder, so he would stick around.  He did, and Daddy said he saw the second one come up wearing an overcoat!!  It was a little chilly that day!!  haha


Easter Sunday

The kids are in "Test Mode" this week.  They are taking Benchmarks and it is always stressful.  We have done pretty good so far making sure they get enough rest and eat a good breakfast.   Anna has an orthodontist appointment this afternoon and I dread it for her.  They will pull on her ligatures to coax those two teeth in.  She is always uncomfortable afterwards, but this time will probably be worse than normal.  I will make sure she is taking plenty of ibuprofen and hope for the best.

We have a BIG BIRTHDAY this Sunday!!!  Papa is gonna be another year older!  He reads my blog, so Happy early Birthday Papa!!!

Bye for now.....


No comments: