Friday, April 30, 2010

Eagle Sighting

We had an unexpected visitor on Sunday.  At first when Jake and I saw this creature, he was in the high grass and it looked suspiciously like a skunk!  The dogs had started barking at it and I was in a panic trying to imagine how I could get the stinker to get away without the dogs being sprayed...something that we have dealt with more than once while living on the hill!!  We got out our telescope and realized it was something entirely different!!!  



I had heard someone say that there were a pair of bald eagles at Lake Ludwig, about a mile from our house, but I had never seen them.  He kept darting down at the Canadian geese that were floating around in our pond.  After reading up on them, I found that they eat fish too.  All of this is new to me....I hope he comes back for a visit and I can get a little closer to him the next time.  Here are a couple more pics...


You can see the goose in the pond trying to take cover!

Jake and Anna had Benchmark Exams last week.  It is always so stressful for the kids and I think even more so for the teachers.  They seem to teach most of the year for this one exam as an evaluation of their teaching ability.  I think this is wrong on so many levels, but thankfully it is over.  The rest of the year is filled with Talent Shows, Band Concerts, Field Trips, Fishing Derbys and all the FUN stuff!!  For this, I am very thankful.  The kids have worked really hard this year and deserve a little reward!

Jake playing with a "toy" gun that he got for Christmas, but is just now playing with!!  It shoots out balls that look like paintballs, but they are foam.  I couldn't believe it when Anna said she would be a target for him.  Thankfully, he wasn't a very good shot!




Anna and Shanae have been spending time at Lake Ludwig......

It has been really nice and warm here and all the flowers have begun to bloom.  Our Knock-Out roses are really blooming.  I was suppose to prune them early in the spring, but didn't and now they have taken over!!!


If you like roses, you should get these!!  They are fool proof!!  I only fertilize them once during the summer and the rest is carefree.  


Here are some other pictures from around our yard..


I love daisies!



Bella was more than willing to pose for me this morning...what a ham.  She was lying on her back rolling as if she couldn't  get enough dirt and grass on her.  I love this kitty...and her pink nose.

We are suppose to be heading to Fayetteville tonight to watch the Razorbacks play baseball against Auburn tonight.  They have predicted rain for the area starting this afternoon, so we'll see.  We've never been to a baseball game there, so believe me I'll have camera in hand!!  Rain, rain, go AWAY!

I'm trying to get caught up on a little laundry, so I'd better get to work.

Bye for now....

No comments: