Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Health nuts are going to feel stupid someday, lying in hospitals dying of nothing.
-author unknown

I visited my LSS (local scrapbook store) yesterday...just doing my part to support the economy! Actually I had a good reason for visiting. I'm going to start my 25 Days of Christmas album SOON. It is an project that I saw on Ali Edwards site a couple of weeks ago.
The premise is that you finish the album before December 1 and each day of December (until the BIG DAY) you take a picture to document something, anything, that is important to you and your family. So actually during the month of December you just take a picture, print it out, and dress it up a touch. It will be a lot of fun for me, and I'm sure by Dec 22 or so the kids will be fairly understanding when the flash goes off again in their face for the millionth time!!!!


Here is Ali's album.

Anyway, I had to get some paper and such for MY project, hence the stop by Memories by Design to get my loot!! So here is what I'll be working with. Wish me luck! I'll post some pics when I get started.



I've been a little "scrappy" lately. I made some Thanksgiving cards for our family. They were really quick and easy, but I liked how they turned out. If you get one of these cards, family, ACT SURPRISED. Actually, I'm only sending out 10 or 15. We will send out about 80 cards for Christmas, so I'll have to get busy on that soon.


It is going to be a really busy day for me today. Joe's office is having their Thanksgiving Pot Luck Lunch, so he asked me to come. Anna has an orthodontist appointment in Russellville at 4:00, so we are dropping Jada off at the groomer at 3:00. Then after we get through at the orthodontist, we'll run by and pick Jada back up and be back in Clarksville for Anna to attend tumbling at 6:30. Then we'll grab something to eat, if Gran doesn't fix supper, and do homework somewhere in the chaos! I will miss this one day, I know. I wonder what I did before kids...what did I do with all my spare time...and sadly, what will I do with all that time when I get it back?

This is a picture of Joe's boys, David and Brandon, with their families. This was taken in Florida this past summer. I don't think I've ever posted a picture of all of them, so here it is.

Standing, from left to right... Tonia, Reecia, David, Brandon
Kneeling, from left to right...Klayton, Nick, Alexis, Katelynn

Klayton and Katelynn belong to Brandon and Tonia
Nick and Alexis belong to David and Reecia

I am amazed at how early Christmas seems to be starting each year. I have seen several Christmas trees up in homes. Our town has already decorated the streets. I never get our Christmas tree out until after Thanksgiving, so I'll probably get it out while Joe and the kids are at deer campnext weekend. That is the one time of year that the kids go away with him, without me. It's kind of a tradition and a good time for them to spend just with Daddy! Its good.

This is a picture Jake drew a couple of years ago. I have always loved it.

Speaking of that, the kids only have school next Monday and then they are out the rest of the week. If they get advanced or proficient on their ACCTAP/Benchmark tests from last year they get extra days off at Thanksgiving!! I think it is a good motivator for them. Not sure I ever got rewarded for doing good on standardized tests?!

Joe is taking off work Friday afternoon, so that we can do something fun this weekend. I think we are going shopping...maybe in Tulsa. Anna likes to shop at their mall, so we'll see. It will be good to leave the chores behind for a few days!!

Bye for now.

No comments: