Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Projects

I don't know about you, but around here we always have "projects" going. Some really big, some not so much. My mom has always told me that she didn't know what Joe and I would do if we ever finished all our projects. It seems as soon as we finish one, we're trying to figure out what the next one will be. That's just the way we are, I guess.

Well, right now, I have about 14 little projects and two sorta big project going. One of the guys that built our house about 3 years ago needed some work, so he called to see if we needed anything done....needless to say, the answer was "YES!!" He came yesterday and is going to build a large cover (about 14' x 35') over our dog pen. Then we are going to build a pergola by our pool, beside our soon to be started outside fireplace. We have always wanted a place to sit outside and roast hotdogs and marshmallows! I'll take plenty of pictures during the process, if anyone wants to take a peek! Anyway, Randy is going to build our cover and pergola, then do some electrical and finishing stuff inside for us. I can't wait to get some of those things finished.

We got our curtains for the bathroom installed yesterday and I am happy with them. A little paint and fabric, who knew?


Now it's on to Anna's room.


We promised her for Christmas she could have her room completely redone and so a few weeks ago she picked out her bed, her very own pillow top mattress, bedside table, dresser/mirror and sofa for her room. That is all she knows....the rest is up to me. She wants it to be modern and "grown up", so I can go from there. She is going to LOVE it!! Can't wait to finish it and show you. I am working on some black and white pictures of her friends and am having a mural painted.....that's all I will say!


The other thing we have going is a suprise Spring Break Trip for the kids. Jake is really into basketball and loves Dwayne Wade. Anna is into anything fashion, shopping, pedicures, manicures...the list goes on and on, but we are going to Chicago! I got tickets to see the Chicago Bulls play Miami Heat (Dwayne Wade's team) and we are going to suprise the kids. They think we are staying home for Spring Break...boy will they be suprised!! I haven't decided how we are going to tell them, but it will be something GOOD!

That is about all for projects. Jake is through with basketball, but Anna is still doing tumbling. She has cheerleader tryouts in March, so we are really working hard on our back handspring.

Here are a few more pictures...


our kitty, Butterscotch

Jake playing outside (basketball, of course)



Anna on the trampoline



and lastly, my new bird feeder



Have a great Wednesday!


Bye for now.


No comments: