Thursday, October 30, 2008



Sorry I didn't blog this week! Several times I sat down to my computer to blog and I had no internet connection. When that happens it just kind of ruins the mood. I have to be
in the mood to blog or I get all whiny. I was in a bad mood one day last week and I sat down to blog and wrote way to much "junk", so I just deleted it and decided to wait until my mind was a little more positive. Now that I look back on it, I'm glad I did!!

Well, where do I start? The
Halloween Bash was quite a success. I didn't get an exact head count, but I would guess about 60 kids showed up. They giggled and whispered, laughed and screamed, even smiled and winked!! I think everyone had a good time. The hayride, I heard, was scary! There were 2 trailers LOADED DOWN with kids...We had hidden one dad all night so that they would be really surprised, and I think it worked. Geoff, a dad of one of Anna's friends, really gets into Halloween and I swear you could not recognize him!! He had a huge meat cleaver and fake broken-out teeth and man was he believable!!! Anyway, you could hear the kids screaming a mile from the house!! Silly me, I didn't get any pictures because I was trying to make sure everyone was taken care of, but my mom took a few...

This is Jake's friend, Alfredo.

This is Anna's friend, Layton.


This is Joe with Jake's friend, David.

October 28th was my mom's 66th birthday, so we celebrated by going out to eat at her favorite restaurant, Mulan's, in Russellville. HAPPY BIRTHDAY GRAN!!!!!


Here she is blowing out her candles.

The kids carved pumpkins on Tuesday. Jake always likes to save the pumpkin seeds to roast and I have to say they were pretty darn good!

Here is Anna with her pumpkin. Can you see the resemblance?

Here is a better view!



Here is Jake with his pumpkin

Tonight is Anna's last home football game, so we are going to bundle up and watch. It got down to 29 degrees a few nights ago, but it has been warmer lately. I don't know if I'm quite ready for cold weather, but I don't know that I have much of a choice.

I got a $100 gift certificate to Hobby Lobby for my birthday a couple of weeks ago, so yesterday I spent it ALL (and then some, but we won't tell Joe!)!! I have gotten a few crafty ideas in mind, so when I finish with them, I'll post pics! Hope you all have a great weekend..

Bye for now


No comments: