Thursday, January 22, 2009

January 22, 2009


Man, where does the time go? I feel like I am getting over a hangover of "Obama-itis". I know it is hard for the television networks to understand or believe, but not
EVERYONE is just GAAGAA over Barack Obama. It would be nice to see something else occasionally, but "This too shall pass..." hopefully sooner than later.

I have been pretty good about taking my pictures for Project 365, so here we go...January 14 th





Joe's first shipment of Nutrisystem came today! I organized it into Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner and Dessert for him, so that all he has to do is grab what he wants for that specific meal. I can honestly say, eight days later, that I am very proud of him. I have tried to do better too. It takes a little longer now at the grocery store, but once we settle on what is good and works for us, it'll be just as quick as before. Joe says the food is really good, so that makes life a lot easier!

It snowed here on the 15th...of course it didn't stay longer than a couple of hours, but it was beautiful falling from the sky.



We had some old friends visit last weekend. I spent most of Thursday and Friday cleaning...



In total, we had 6 adults and 8 kids, so the house was filled with laughter and warmth. We don't see them very often; the Shrum's live about 3 1/2 hours away and Casey and Angie live about an hour away. Here is a picture of us at El Parian during lunch on
Sunday. Joe, Kelly, Casey and I did our residency together in Pine Bluff, about 16 years ago.

From the left, Andrea, Kelly, Casey, and Angie.

The kids had Monday off from school, so Anna spent the night with a friend and Jake had friends over to play. It was a beautiful day, so there was a lot of football, basketball, eating and sweating!! I love taking pictures of them playing.

This is Jake's friend Tristan, being tackled by Jake, David and Daniel!


Tuesday, of course, was the inauguration of our new President. I took a picture of my television screen. I have many emotions about this historic day, but I will not use my blog for political purposes. I will continue to pray for the leaders of our country.


I've got several pictures from yesterday and haven't decided which one to post, so I'll get to that later today. I've been playing with Photoshop Elements and hopefully I can figure out how to post some things I've been working on.


Bye for now!

No comments: