Thursday, January 29, 2009

January 29, 2009





It's still pretty cold here. We were lucky in the fact that we missed the brunt of the ice storm...it all went just a little north of us.

Left yesterday afternoon for the AC/DC concert. Stopped in Conway and ate at a neat little place called Mike's on Front Street. Had my favorite Fettuccine Alfredeaux. Anna was the first to point out, "That's not how you spell Alfredo!!" Then we had a geography/language lesson about the French living in New Orleans. The food was great. Anna had a fillet that would melt in your mouth. Joe had Tilapia and Jake had Fire Stoned Pizza.

After that we headed toward Little Rock for a little Rock N Roll with AC/DC. I had my camera taken away by a security guard, but not before I got a great video of Runaway Train. It was not a big incident, but I really wanted to get more pictures!!



Here is a picture of Anna and Jake before the concert.



Our tickets.



Jake's guitar-playing idol, Angus Young




It amazes me that these guys are still playing this music at their ages!! Doing what they do, day in and day out, is somewhat amazing. I saw them when I was in the 11th grade (some 27 years ago) and I don't remember my ears ringing the next day like they are at this very moment!!!

Nothing going on tonight, so it's going to be an early supper and early to bed kind of night!! We didn't get home until midnight last night and I am ready for a good nights sleep.

Hope you have a great Thursday....we're so close to the weekend I can taste it!! Gotta to get going to pick up the kiddos!

Bye for now.

No comments: